Dr. Ch. Durga Prasad, MSc.,Ph.D.
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council advocates the establishment of internal quality assurance cell (IQAC) by all the accredited institutions as a post accreditation sustenance activity.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious , consistence and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
- Designing and implementing annual plan for institution- level activities for quality enhancement
- Arrange for feed back responses from students for quality related institutional process
- Development and application of quality bench marks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Retrieval of information on various quality parameters of higher education and best practices followed by other institutions
- Organization of workshops and seminars on quality- related themes and promotion of quality circles and institution-wide dissemination of the proceedings of such activities.
- Development and application of innovative practices in various programs / activities leading to quality enhancement.
- Participation in the creation of a learner – centric environment conducive for quality education.
- Work for the development of internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement policies and practices
- Acts as a nodal unit of the institution for augmenting quality related activities
- Prepare focused annual quality assurance reports (AQARS)
In accordance with the guidelines communicated by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore, Internal Quality Assurance Cell was established and Internal Quality Advisory Committee is constituted on 14-06-2005.
The IQAC functions under the guidance of the Quality Advisory Committee. The committee meets once in 3 months to monitor the enhancement of quality education in institution and evolves mechanisms and procedures for ensuring the following:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integrations of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
IQAC was established in the year 2005 according to the guidelines of NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC :
|1.||Chairperson||:||Dr.N. Suryanarayana Raju, Ph.D., Principal|
|2.||Nominee from the Management||:||Dr.K. Ramachandra Raju, M.D.,
Secretary & Correspondent
|3.||Co-ordinator||:||Dr.Ch. Durga Prasad, Ph.D.,
Reader in Chemistry
|4.||Senior Staff members :|
|i) Sri K.S.R.P. Kumar John|
|ii) Sri G. Sridhar|
|iii) Dr.Y.V.V. Appa Rao|
|iv) Sri C.S. Ananda Kumar|
|v) Sri Ch. Srinivasa Rao|
|vi) Sri K. Lakshmana Reddy|
|vii) Sri P.Y. Krupavaram|
|5.||Nominees from the Administrative Wing :|
|i) Sri D. Trimurtulu|
|ii) Sri P. Venkanna|
|6.||Nominees from Local Society, Alumni & Students :|
|i) Dr.B.V.S. Suryanarayana Raju|
|ii) Sri T. Ramesh|
|iii) Kum.S. Hari Priya, III B.Sc.,|
|7.||Nominee from the Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram|
|Prof.P. Suresh Varma, Principal, College of Engineering|